Friday, September 15, 2017

Fun days...

TGIF my friends!

I'm wrapping up the week with a card that I've made for this week's sketch challenge over at My Favorite Things. I took some liberties with the sketch and shrank the circle elements way down so they were more embellishment than focal point. That's because I really wanted to fill most of the space with this adorable Jumping With Joy Pure Innocence and instead of jumping I have her playing in a big pile of leaves. I stamped and masked most of the leaves in a light colored ink so she would really pop against the softer, less distinct lines, then made sure to add a drop shadow in W4 to help ground her into the scene. I also used the cool new Whimsical Woodgrain background stamp and stamped it tone o n tone with some brown cardstock to stick with the whole outdoorsy, nature feel of the card. I gotta say, this was a lot of fun and it felt goo d to ink up a Pure Innocence after so long. :)

Take care and have a fab weekend!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink
stamps- My Favorite Things (Pure Innocence Jumping with Joy and Whimsical Woodgrain background)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and desert sand, Studio Calico doc brown
My Favorite Things stitched fishtail flag die
Studio Calico wood grain enamel dots
Copic markers:
skin- YR000, E21, E13, R00, R20
hair- E55, E47, E49
clothes- V17, V09, BV29, E50, E81, 0, RV25, RV29, RV69, R35, RV29, R89, BG11, BG23, BG49, E84
leaves- Y02, Y17, E33, Y38, YR09, R39, YG01, YG93, YG95
ground- G40, YG00, Y04, Y17
shadow- W4

4 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe this is a very Fabulous Fall cwrd!!!! Have a Fantastic weekend! !!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

I'd love to be laying in that pile of fall leaves. Sweet card. Hugs.

PJH said...

I recently found you and I must say...I love everything you do!! You're very creative - You're coloring is AMAZING - You're the 2nd person's blog I check out whenever I can!! Thanks for the awesome inspiration :)

Tracey Ann said...

How clever to position her in the scene the way you did. And, again, I can’t get over how gorgeous your color choices are. Such a sweet card for the fall season!