Monday, January 30, 2017

Smile...

Good morning!

It's still plenty cold around here with our highs hovering just above freezing. At least there isn't any new snowfall on the forecast in the immediate future. The constant bundling up did inspire me to print out this beauty called 'Baby it's cold outside' from The East Wind and create a card with her. I decided to grab my R80 family of Copics since they are underused in my collection and once I paired that mauve pink with the warm greys to make the plaid scarf it totally reminded my of a shirt I had as a kid back in the 80's, LOL! This pretty gal is totally pulling off the look though. The birch bark background paper is more of that Simple Stories Winter Wonderland collection and I think it adds to the cold, outdoorsy feel that I was going for. :)

Well, I should get moving... got a full to-do list to tackle today.     
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
paper- Simple Stories (Winter Wonderland)
digital stamp- The East Wind (Baby it's cold outside)
stamp- Simon Says Stamp (sentiment)
ink- Memento espresso truffle
My Favorite Things stitched scallop circle die
buttons
twine
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, E04
eyes- E25, E27, E49, BG000
hair- E53, E34, E57
lips- R83, R85
clothes- R85, R56, RV99, E50, E81, E84, 0, W3, W5, W7, W10

4 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

WOWZERS!!!! Your coloring is AMAZING on this creation!!!!!!! Love the plaid scarf too!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Dotty Jo said...

Did you hear my jaw hit the floor???? What a stunning creation, Jo x

Julie D. Richards said...

I use my R80's a lot, one of my favs. She turned out awesome. Hugs.

Tracey Ann said...

Wow! The colors, the paper, and embellishments... also love the texture you created on her woolies. Beautiful eyes... amazing plaid for her scarf... just, stunning!