Monday, September 21, 2015

Moon and bat...

Hello, hello!

I know I said that I was trying to wait a few more weeks before jumping into Halloween cards but Friday's card apparently opened the floodgates. Here I am with another one already but in my defense it was the MFT sketch challenge that totally inspired me to go spooky once again. Seeing that big circle in the center of the card made me think of the moon and who would I put with the moon but a witch? So I grabbed the Witch Way is the Candy set and a new Hero Arts sentiment that I just love... talk about a match made in Halloween heaven, LOL! I heat embossed the big moon with white embossing powder onto a pretty purple scrap of paper and then did my best to color up this super cute witch in a way that made her and the bat look kind of back lit in moon glow. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out but will have to try it again to really nail the look. Practice makes perfect for sure!  ;)

Alrighty, hope your week is off to a fantastic start!
Laters!  :)    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey
stamps- My Favorite Things (Witch Way is the Candy set), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, Versamark clear
Americna Crafts Zing white embossing powder
Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die
Studio Calico wood veneer stars
Wink of Stella white glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E51, E21, E11, R00, R20, BV20, BV23
hair- YG25, YG95, YG99, G99
clothes- T4, T5, T7, T9, 100, R56, RV99, BV29, C1, C4, C5, C7, C10, YR04, YR18, E18, E81, E84
broom- E84, E87, E89, YR23, YR24, E35, RV99
moon light glow- Y00, Y02

5 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

LOVE your Adorable Halloween card!!! I too made a card recently using that cute witch!!!!! Have an Awesome week Amy!!!
hugs, Heidi

chrilvian said...

aaaaaah adorable

AJ Bodine said...

I love that sentiment and your MFT witch is so adorable..I guess it's time to start thinking halloween!

Tracey Ann said...

Love the moon's glow... awesome card!!

Alice said...

your coloring is stunning as always, Amy! love love this beauty! thanks so much for playing along with MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge!