Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Hello there...

Mornin' friends!

Ugh, I've been knocked down by a wicked chest cold. It started yesterday with a nasty cough that just got worse the longer the day went on. Now I'm really thankful to already have today off too so that I can hopefully get over the worst of it before starting my work week. Unfortunately this didn't bode well for my to-do list but on the bright side I had a lot of free time to color while watching old episodes of Ancient Aliens, LOL! 

That is why I finally decided to tackle this beautiful image from Sugar Nellie called Golden Nectar. That large flower she's sitting in has always intimidated me just a bit. So I settled down and got over my fear, especially after I found this old rose paper from Dear Lizzy... talk about great inspiration. I love how it looks like this sweet fairy has stopped for a rest in the middle of a rose garden and she's saying, 'hello there' to that butterfly who is also passing by. Since we are allowed 3 entries into the monthly Sugar Bowl challenge I'm going to be entering this card into the draw. The 'anything goes' theme makes it really easy, all you have to do is use any one of Sugar Nellie's fabulous stamps. :)

Alrighty, I'm going to grab the Kleenex and head back to bed for a bit. 
Later gators! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Dear Lizzy (Spring)
stamps- Sugar Nellie (Golden Nectar), Studio Calico (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, Prima shabby tote
Memory Box butterfly die
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, V22
hair- E34, E57, E59
clothes- YG63, YG67, BG10, BG11, BG72, 0, Y11, R11, Y35, G00
flower- RV42, R43, R35, V22, Y35, Y26

8 comments:

Olesya Andreyeva said...

Absolutely fabulous!!!

renata said...

OMG!! That's amazing! Love the colors and the flower is gorgeous. You're the best Amy!!

Heidi Brawley said...

WOW!!! so very pretty!!!! GET WELL soon doll!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Leanne said...

Beautiful card Amy! You really did that flower justice. She is adorable. Love the scene you created.
Aww, hope you feel better. Get lots of rest and liquids.

Juls said...

So gorgeous, love how the flower of the image blends into the DP creating one bog picture ... Love it xx

Diane said...

Gorgeous!! and every time I see you make a card- I want to run out and get the stamp! This adorable gal is no exception! Hope you feel better!

Julie D. Richards said...

So super adorable. Is she a rubber stamp or digital?

Cass said...

Such a pretty card.Thanks for joining us at The Sugar Bowl
Cass xx