Friday, June 21, 2013

Thanks a bunch...

Hola amigas!

Well, the movie was beyond excellent... I laughed, I cried, I was awestruck, I could have watched it again. LOL! We had such a good time in town that time got away from me a bit which is why I didn't have anything to share yesterday. But I am back to work and back on track so hopefully it will be a while before I'm absent here again.

I was cleaning up my desk a bit yesterday and came across this SOG Blossom Fairy digi that I'd printed out ages ago and I really wanted to color her up. She ended up being one of the rare times that I color an image before picking out papers to guide me on a color scheme. But I really just wanted to play around with some purple/pink hair and this is the result, I gotta say that I'm very happy with how Blossom turned out. And because I had a fairy to get on a card I decided to play along in this week's Flutter By challenge which is a great sketch and helped to bring this card together. I could have spent hours searching for the perfect paper to use but because the sketch had that single strip I just grabbed my bag of green scraps and used the first piece that I pulled. Totally sped up the whole creative process and I think it actually works pretty nicely with the coloring.  :)

Alrighty then, I should get a move on with my day.
Adios!

   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- The Girls' Paperie
digital stamp- Some Odd Girl (Blossom Fairy)
stamp- Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
The Twinery twine
Kaiser Craft pearls
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Fiskars circle punch
Sakura clear glaze and stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, RV42, V01
eyes- B66, BV29, BG000, 0
hair- V000, RV00, RV02, V04, V06
clothes/flower- YG0000, YG00, YG21, YG23, YG91, YG93, YG95, B000, B00, B02, E81, W00, G000, YG01, Y02, Y17, B0000, 0

12 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...


awe love your purple hair Fairy!!! and I love your take on this weeks sketch. This card is Gorgeous. I have not made mine yet!!Glad you got to see your movie. There are several out I would like to go see. Have a Wonderful Weekend!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

chrilvian said...

wauwwww

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful ♥♥

Julie D. Richards said...

She's gorgeous. Love her hair. So glad to hear you enjoyed the movie, can't wait for it to come out on blue-ray.

Danni said...

Love how this turned out!!! Love it!! Simply awesome card! Always makes me happy to see you play along with my Flutter By challenge!!

Bev said...

Awesome card. Especially love her hair.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute.

Jami said...

So beautiful!! I just love the sweet colors and sweet fairy!! Great way to use the sketch too! Thanks for joining us at the Flutterby Challenge!

Tress said...

Loving that purple hair! Your take on the sketch is so creative! Using the small butterflies so the beautiful paper isn't covered up.

Juls said...

So very gorgeous!! Loving her hair!!! Hugs Juls

Cassie_lu said...

great take on the sketch and your coloring is fabby. thanks for fluttering with us.

Chrissy said...

This is just gorgeous Amy, fabulous take on our sketch this week..
Thanks for joining in with us at Flutter By Wednesday..

Luv CHRISSYxx