Saturday, April 20, 2013

Thinking of you...

Hello, hello!

I've got a just for fun card to share today. It came together simply because everything I used was the first thing I pulled at random from various piles. Shy Kaylee was on my desk in a pile of printed digi stamps that I like to keep on hand. Next I grabbed a random bag of scrap paper and blindly pulled out this piece of old Girls' Paperie. I liked both sides of the paper and there was enough of the scrap left that I could put the whole card together just using it. Then I went to town coloring Kaylee up to match in all those pretty pastels. Once she was ready to go all I had to do was get the papers on and figure out what kind of embellishments I needed to add that perfect finishing touch. Because I had used a gold pen to color Kaylee's hoop earring I decided to bring in a bit more gold with this roll of polka dot washi tape that was staring at me from the carousel on my desk. I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to actually using washi on my cards so it felt good tearing off a strip... though my ocd made me back it with some white scrap paper so it would show up better. LOL, oh well... like I said, noob here. Anywho, stamp, gems, twine... all waiting to get put away but I put them to use instead. Considering how all the elements on this came together by random chance, I have to say that I kinda love it.  :)

Alrighty, I'm off to face the day.
Later gators!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- The Girls' Paperie
digital stamp- Some Odd Girl (Shy Kaylee)
stamp- Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Colorbox creamy brown
Lil Inkers stitches die
Kaiser Craft gems
Divine Twine
Freckled Fawn washi tape
EK Success gold pen
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R22, BV20
eyes- YG91, YG95, E34, BG000, 0
hair- E21, E23, E25, E27
clothes- Y00, Y11, Y08, YG00, YG01, YG03, E40, 0, BG10, BG11, BG72, B00, R02, R32, R35, W5, W7, W9 

7 comments:

mariska said...

She is really beautiful. Love this card. And those papers you used are very nice.

Hugs mariska

Anja said...

Another beautiful creation, Amy! Those pastels look great and I love how you've colored Kaylee.
Have a nice weekend, Anja

Juls said...

Beautiful!! Love all the gems!! Hugs Juls

Julie D. Richards said...

So cute Amy. Love the soft colors. I haven't used washi tape yet, gotta get around to it. I have five Bu'fly Brinn's colored up and couldn't decide which one to use. Both of my parents liked the same one so she'll get in a card today. Hopefully she'll be posted by tomorrow. Have a great weekend.

Heidi Brawley said...

awe this is very Adorable!! love the way you colored Kaylee. The paper is cute too! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far. We are watching The Hobbit as I write. Interesting!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card ♥

RiNNE said...

this looks fantastic and i love everything about it!!!