Tuesday, July 17, 2012

More magic is always a good thing...

Hello again!

Sorry I missed a couple days there but I'm still working with a hectic schedule and unfortunately my card making and blogging is having to take a back seat to everything else. Gosh, I can't even tell you how much I miss it though... the back and forth and sharing of ideas that we have going on within this wonderful little online community of stampers and colorists. I can't wait to find more time to both create and check out what all of my wonderful crafty peeps have been creating as well. :)

Fingers crossed, I'm hoping that that time is not too far off. Mom has been doing much better this past week, even getting off of oxygen completely and they are reducing her antibiotics as well. She seems to get stronger every day and she is doing really well with the physical therapists. Her goal is to get home as soon as possible and the rest of the fam and I all want that too. So, knock on wood, it looks like she may only have a week or two left in the hospital... I hope, I hope, I hope.

My card today is actually one I made earlier for the sneak peeks over on the ATS blog last week. I'm so glad that so many of you seem to have fallen in love with these tiny Sweet November fairies, and I'm so glad that Christine convinced me to turn them into rubber after so many years. I paired these two up with some yummy Doodlebug scraps and that Doodlebug/Hampton Arts cake stand stamp. If you couldn't tell, I was having fun finding different types of containers to have the fairies interact with on these preview cards. ;)

Well, I hope that you all are doing well and keeping cool in this record breaking heat. I promise to chat at'cha again soon!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug
stamps- Sweet November (Little Bit of Magic fairy set and sentiment set), Hampton Arts (cupcake stand)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox creamy brown and Tsukineko pink
Divine Twine
Prima pearls
Doodlebug glitter cardstock stickers
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR21, YR24, YR27
hair- E35, E57, E59
clothes- YG0000, YG11, YG05, B000, B02, B04, Y00, Y11, Y21, BG000, 0
cakestand- RV52, RV55, B0000

21 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is Super Cute!!!!!! love the DP on this too and all those lovely pearls! Glad to hear GREAT news about your mom! What a blessing!!! Have an Awesome week!! Hugs, Heidi

Marianne said...

Oh Amy, I'm so happy that your mother is doing so much better now. Fingers crossed she will be ready to leave the hospital soon!
Love your sweet card.
It's pretty hot over here as well. I don't know what I would do with my mobile A/C unit in my home office. Take care!
Marianne x

Mette said...

Such good news about your mum, has been a long difficult road for all of you. will pray that she get's home real soon. My aunt has gone under the knife today - so so worried since they are removing Lymph Glands.
Your card is as always full of fairy delight and colours.

Hugs, Mette

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Glad to hear your mum is dong a little better. Love your gorgeous card...too cute! :D

Cindy H. said...

Your card is just too sweet :) Adorable! So glad your mom is doing better. Hope she continues on this trend and is home real soon.

Craftdee said...

So glad to hear your mum is doing so well, hope she'll be back home with your really soon :-) I Love your cute little fairies, and your paper choice on this card is perfect, TFS, Donna

Nancy Thomas said...

Amy that is wonderful news about your mom. So glad to hear she is doing better. I know its been a long hard road for her and the family. Definitely keep up with the PT as that will help her get her strength back. As for the fairies, I peeked yesterday and was thrilled to see them doing so well. One of the reasons, was this gorgeous card as you showcased those little cuties beautifully.

Tress said...

Glad to hear the news about your mom! And beautiful card as always!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I am so happy to read that your Mom is getting better. We are still praying for her speedy recovery.. I put in speedy as it seem that she is well on the road at the moment. I just love your card. This little fairies are just too cute. I also love that they can play in or on or around just about anything. Super cute idea. I have to say I'm not surprised. :O) Have a wonderful day. I am counting down to payday as I am buying both of your new stamp sets. Hugs, Lisa

Lisa said...

Darling card as usual! I love the cheerful papers and the matching dresses.

Having so much stress and worry about a loved one can really drain your creativity, not just your time and energy. It's tough to let your mind drift when your emotions are roiling. I'm glad there's a light at the end of the tunnel!

Shazza said...

beautiful card, glad your mum is on the mend x

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful sweet card!

scrapn_momof2 said...

This is DARLING!!

Loz said...

oh, this is so cute!! x

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this one Amy!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

it was so worth the wait, this is adorable!

Danni said...

Super cute card! I really hope that your mom continues to improve so she can come home. I've been thinking of you..hugs!

Arabella said...

Gorgeous card Amy! I love the yummy colours and your new fairies! So glad to hear you Mum is doing so well!

Arabella

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card.

RiNNE said...

Oh, such wonderful news!!!! So glad your mom is doing great!!! Your card is adorable and your fairies are too! ;)

Leanne said...

Awww... So happy to hear the news about your mom. :) It's wonderful!
Sweet card! :)
Hugs to you both!