Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lots of love

Hey, hey, hey!

We got a bunch of new snow dumped on us yesterday so I decided to spend my day off holed up inside and just play. I'm tellin' you, it felt really good to take it easy. And even though I spent most of the afternoon cleaning off my desk and organizing things, some how that never feels like a chore in my crafty room. ;)
This card is actually a direct result of that desk cleaning because I used left over scrap pieces of this yummy Sweet Nectar paper that I used on some of my past preview cards instead of sticking them in a scrap bag or, heaven forbid, toss them in the trash! And as an added bonus I had new stamps arrive from TGF so of course I had to ink one up for this before putting them away. I used the new Fancy Anya with a bit of tweaking... I wiped away her curl and closed eyes before stamping and then I used my light box to trace on Sweater Anya's smilie eyes. What can I say... I loves me some open eyes. :)
Once I added the epoxy heart sticker to her hands I think she makes for a pretty cute little Valentine image. Then it was just embellishing with more bits and bobs I found while cleaning and voila! Like I said before, I had a lot of fun with this. And lucky me, I've got another day off today so if we get more snow I just may continue playing and cleaning to my hearts content... sounds like a plan to me! LOL

Smooches! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- JIllybean Soup kraft and Copic X-Press It
paper- K&Co (Sweet Nectar)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Fancy Anya), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
ribbon
Prima flowers
K&Co felt rose
Kaiser Craft pearls
Martha Stewart postage stamp sticker
Sticko heart sticker (from Rach)
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, 0
clothes- RV10, RV11, RV13, RV34, R27, R29, E09, Y13, Y15, Y35

24 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

Love the colors and your way of tweaking stamps amazes me... The most I've ever done is to use only part of a sentiment...

♥Rach♥ said...

VERY cute! love the mix of papers and embellies and I didn't even recognize the stamp your altering was so great :0)

grace said...

Very very cute! I really love the colors and they way you changed the stamp makes it so much better!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Adorable! I love all of the flowers floating around! and lil Anya is a true beauty!

Happy Thursday :)
hugs, margie

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I just love that little girl. TFS.

Jessica Diedrich said...

She is TOO darling and honestly I think I like her better w/ eyes open LMBO! Darling card and papers!

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a cheerful, pretty, super cute card, amy! love the file folder shape and those papes are adorable! love your altered image, she's a cutie! also love all the embellies! thanks for sharing and enjoy your day off :)! *hugs* steph :)

chrilvian said...

love your sweeet colours

martina's kaartjes said...

This is very pretty ! lovely card,
greetings, martina
x

Linda said...

what a cute card
hugs Linda

Robin said...

Gorgeous papers and little flower embellies! Super sweet card! Robin

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! I love the combo of papers you have used and the little tiny heart she is using! Hugs Juls

Mimi said...

Very cute! Love the papers and embellies, and Anya is super sweet! The colors are gorgeous... love the yellow in the mix. ;)

Maria Therese said...

Cute card! Thanks for the inspiration sweetie!!

Shaela said...

this is darling!! I always get some great altering inspiration from you :)

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card Amy!

Saskia :)

Unknown said...

Awwww this is o so cute :) love the beautiful colours and pretty papers xxx

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is so sweet and gorgeous, Amy! Love that Fancy Anya, and adore all of your little details!!

WickedPixie said...

Oh, Amy, this is so sweet and lovely! What an adorable alteration! :-)Traci

donna mikasa said...

I just loooove your altering! You always choose the right eyes and create another adorable Anya! Take care, you.....keep warm!

Sammi said...

I just love her with open eyes!!! Awesome altering! That paper is so pretty too!!
xx

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh this is adorable I love all you modifications!~

Alice said...

awww..... so sweet! beautiful card, Amy!

RiNNE said...

Ooooh... How adorable!!