Monday, November 22, 2010

All is calm

Hiya sweeties!

Thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes yesterday! I had a wonderfully low key celebration, which is just the way I like it... it was a perfect day! :)
I have today off too but I've got a to-do list to work on before Thanksgiving comes on Thursday so I'll be trying to get that all taken care of in time.

So in that vein, I'll quickly share a quick little card with ya before I head off... I used this sweet Poinsettia Girl image from Sugar Nellie and her look of calm serenity lead me to use this great vintagey looking Christmas text paper. I tried not to cover up too much of it so I went pretty light on the embellies but I think it all works in the end. ;)

Alrighty, time for me to scoot... smooches! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Making Memories
stamp- Sugar Nellie (Poinsettia Girl)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Martha Stewart border punch
Making Memories poinsettia flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E57, E59, E49
clothes- E50, E30, 0, YG03, YG63, YG67, R24, R27, E07, R37, R39, R59

26 comments:

Tabitha said...

Happy Belated Birthday- Hope you had a wonderful day. I love your card. Poinsettia's are my mom's favorite. Thanks for sharing.

RiNNE said...

Wonderful poinsettas-- darling card! That vintage-y PP is awesome! Glad you had a great 'born' day. I got a message from Amazon and your package will arrive on the 26th. Sorry it's taking longer than I expected :(. Have an amazing day!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, This is so sweet! I love her red apron. WOW, such depth to your coloring. Great card with the reds and browns and all. Love the brown you know. heehee Anyway I hope you have a wonderful day off. I am getting ready for work and it has snowed so I am making sure to give us plenty of time this moring. Hugs, Lisa

Nancy Thomas said...

That image is so sweet. Your coloring is always beautiful but this one is extraordinary. Pretty card. Glad you had a nice birthday.

Robin said...

This is so pretty... colouring fantastic!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, that is precious. TFS.

Lau W said...

Héhé, that was my birthday sunday too, so, i'm late for commenting arfffff ! Happy birthday to you Amy !
Your card is superb !
xxx

martina's kaartjes said...

What a superb coloring !! great job,
greetings, martina
x

Mimi said...

Adorable card Amy! Perfect touch of embellies...you always know to make it just right. Have a great day! ;)

Shirley N said...

Oh Amy, I love this! This is just stunning and your coloring is gorgeous. Love the poinsettias too!

Zarah said...

What a beautiful card!! So serene!

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh what a beauty, Amy! Oh boy... I'm missing out all of your fabulous cards! Happy belated birthday to Sweet November! Congrats Amy... you are a truly talented artist, I love all of your images! You ROCK girl!

Wish you and your family a very happy and wonderful Thanksgiving!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card Amy!!!

angelique (anlou) said...

hi amy
your card is stunning sweetie
where do you find the time
i'm glad you have a amazing birthday yesterday, the way you like it
hugs angelique

Shaela said...

this is beautiful!! I love the tiny details you added to those little pearls on the image :)

Danni said...

How festive and pretty!

Sharon said...

This is lovely and oh so sweet.

Unknown said...

This is super super cute, Amy! She is cute!!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG This is soo adorable!! I love this image too!
Happy Bday for yesterday, hope you had a great day.
Kristy xo

Crafty Jenn said...

OMGoodness!! I KNEW your birthday was sometime this month! Dang! Sorry I missed it. It's now going on my birthday calendar, and a "belated" card will be on it's way.

Hope you enjoyed your special day....and your cake!!

<3 Jenn

Sudha said...

Hey Amy, belated happy birthday dear.
Lovely card dear.

~* steph :) *~ said...

very beautiful card, love the sweet image. your flower embellies are perfect for your card! and so are the papers! thanks for sharing and have a great tuesday! *hugs* steph :)

WickedPixie said...

Oooh, so pretty and cute!! Your coloring is superb! And this is another adorable image that I haven't seen before! :-)Traci

Tasha said...

OMG - Stunning! Love how the colours really pop! Awesome card
love tasha xx

Leanne said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday Amy! :) Fabulous card!! Love the colors and the paper is perfect. Very kewt image and colored beautifully. Hugs

Alice said...

she is a beauty! LOVE your beautiful card, Amy! off to check out this image! =)