Sunday, May 9, 2010

Simple Sunday Burtonesque style

Hello, hello!
Can you believe we are already wrapping up another weekend? Yea, me either... but it does mean that I've got another installment of Simple Sunday to share with you. :)

I was kinda worried about finding time to even color something up last night, simple or not. Then I remembered how I had seen Lisa create a quick and easy card using an image that she had colored up previously. Now I don't normally stamp and color before hand because I like to match my images to the colors and papers I choose for each card as I put it together. BUT I do tend to color up drawings that I'm playing around with and contemplating for possible future stamp designs to see how they would work if they make it to rubber.
So I looked through my folder of colored drawings and found little Oleander, who may become part of a 'Weird Sisters' range that I've been working on for a release closer to Halloween. Any way she made me think of the new Burtonesque challenge that started up this past week so I decided to go ahead and create a quick card for her. Now the challenge is to use stripes so right away I new where to start with the design and when I came across this old Rebecca Sower button paper I just had to tear some off and add it as well. From there I raided the neglected metals drawer and found another metal rim tag as well as a sentiment... score! And the flowers were conveniently left on my desk from a previous card. All in all I was cutting it close to my 20 minute mark by deciding to trim Oleander out but I just got this one done under the wire! :)
Oh and sorry for the not so great photo quality... it was tricky getting the lighting to not show the metal sentiment as a black shadow that totally got lost in the background. Sigh... they always look better in person don't they?

Ok, I'm outta here... catch ya later! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- EK (Rebecca Sower Buttons), unknown stripe
Colorbox blackbird chalk ink
Prima flowers
buttons
Making Memories metal rim tag and metal word
Zva tiny pearl
Copic multiliner pens 0.3 and 0.1
Copic Spica clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E70, E01, R11, E71
hair- BV02, BV04, BV08
eyes- YG95, YG97, YG99
clothes- E40, E41, 0, N3, N5, N7, N9, RV93, RV95, RV99
wings- C3, C5, C7, C9

36 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG Amy this is gorgeous!!! This image is sooo gorgeous I want!! Fabulous TBD challenge card.
Kristy xx

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

What a great card!! And please make her into an image. I already want to buy her~

Anonymous said...

OMGosh I want her pretty please, so glad you could play along with us at the Burtonesque Dolls:)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Suzi
xxx

♥Rach♥ said...

Love her beautiful face and big eyes, she's so cute!

Kellie said...

OH Amy this little darling is just GORGEOUS! I love everything about her and can not WAIT till she is in rubber!
Hugs Kel xx

Maria Therese said...

Wow how cool she is! Love your card!

Claireabelle said...

Amy she is gorgeous!!! Role on halloween!
xx

Nicole Wright Designs said...

I LOVE HER!!!! She is adorable and you did an awesome job. Thanks for joining the Dolls and feel free to send her to me;p Hope o see you again!!!!

Mary said...

She is gorgeous!!!

Rosa Forino said...

she is gorgeous... complimenti...

Lysa said...

Oh my Amy- you are so wonderfully talented! This is absolutely awesome!! LOVE IT!

WickedPixie said...

Oooh, Oooh, oooh!!! I literally sucked in my breath and made a sound that I can't begin to type out when I saw her!! My daughter, sitting next to me, said "Do you want that stamp?" Is it that obvious!? :-)Traci

Leanne said...

Absolutely awesome! She is adorable and I really can't believe you made this under 20 minutes! You rock.. You're the new Rachel Ray, 20-minute crafts with Amy should be your title name if you ever decide to go National.. Hugs and Happy Mother's Day!! ;)

Unknown said...

This loos great to me, Amy! Pic came out good too! Very cute card!

Julie said...

She is just to die for! Beautiful card too that you have produced! Juliex

Tracey Feeger said...

Okay she is just gorgeous. I want her.
You ae designing the most gorgeous cards and images lately. I can't get enough.
mwah
Trace

Creepy Glowbugg said...

You MUST make Oleander (LOVE that they are poisonous!) available ASAP! She is to DIE for! Great card too!

RiNNE said...

Amy! I'd love to be in that purrty head of yours even for just one second! You've got quite an imagination-- luv her hair, her skinny tights are awesome and her bat wings are fab! I may need to do some Halloween cards now! That pp is perfect and your composition is wonderful!

Mary Giles said...

OH MY AMY!!! I LOOOVE this image!!! When is she going to be available? She is on my must have list. You colored her beautifully.

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a COOL card, amy! i love the color combination! beautiful image and i love that button DP! thanks for sharing :)! *hugs* steph :)

Betty Boo! said...

WOWIE! That is one awesome card! Love that image! Thanks for joining us this week at The Burtonesque Dolls!

Betty

Marlene said...

Another fantastic card!

Leah l'Orange said...

absolutely LURRRRVE her. the grunginess of the card is just SO perfect, and i think the details ROCK. you are the bee's knees! :)

Kim Dellow said...

Oh I love her! She is fabulous! Gorgeous card. Kim

Tonje said...

Sooo pretty!

Angie said...

Oleander is so cute! I love your quick card. And that Burtonesque challenge has been calling my name too! I need to get my stuff unpacked... I'm having crafting withdrawals!

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW... what a cool card, Amy! I totally love it and the girl is just too cute!!

donna mikasa said...

Ohhhhh, Oleander! What a sweetie, even with her batty wings! A new SN line for Halloween sounds great....thanks for the sneaky peek!

Alice said...

wow! you ROCK, girl! Oleander is so cute! i know it's only May, but i am so looking forward to your Halloween line already!!! =)

Angela Marie said...

Super sweet image, you are multi talented for sure!

Anonymous said...

Oleander is very lovely. I can imagine there are many many people who who would wish Halloween to be very very soon (tomorrow?) so that she is released for haunting the cards.

Andrea C said...

adorable x

Tasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tasha said...

My gosh Amy how talented are you! This little lady is amazing! I love her, totally goth rock cool! Love the card too - the button paper is awesome
love tasha xx

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

AMYYYYYYYYYYY I wanna have Oleander!! I think she is soooo cute and gothic looking ;) Can I have 15% of your drawing talent ;) hahahahahah

awesome card
hugs Ria

Anonymous said...

I want her too !!! Amy she is just Darling.Your card is awesome!
Xxx