Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sweet cherry lemonade

Hello!
How's it goin'?
Is life treating you well today?

When I sat down after work last night to make a quick card I decided to go back to that Basic Grey Lemonade kit that I've been trying to use up for the past couple months. I'm proud to say that after making this one I've only got two more to go, yeah!
So I was faced with this long, skinny card and none of the stamps I own were speaking to me... no one was jumping out as the perfect character for this card. Hmmmmm... what to do, what to do? I still wanted to use the kit so finding new paper wasn't an option. My only other choices from the kit were another long, skinny and a giant 5x7, neither of which appealed to the mood I was in. I had to come up with something and the chipboard cherries started forming an idea but I would have to do a bit of drawing to make it all come together.Hmmmmm... should I? I guess a little sneakie, sneakie couldn't hurt anything. So I decided to go for it. ;)
This little miss is just a taste of some upcoming Sweet November designs that are due to be released in the next few months but I'm not going to say anything more than that. Nope. Not gonna happen. My lips are sealed. :)

Needless to say, once I had her all colored up and ready to go the rest of the card came together very quickly. It's funny how the right stamps (or drawings) will present themselves for a project... they really do speak to you if you listen close enough. ;)

And because she's a little fairy I think I'll enter this into this week's Flutter By challenge too!

Okey dokey, time to get ready for another day of work. Thank goodness I have Monday off to look forward to!

Toodles! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
cardbase and chipboard shapes- Basic Grey (lemonade kit)
Wordsworth sentiment rub-on
string
Ranger Stickles
colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Copic multiliner 0.03 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- R83, R85, RV19, R89
dress- YG21, YG23, YG25
wings- B0000, B000, B00

26 comments:

Larisa said...

Very nice sentiment is above )))

Tasha said...

Amy she is so sweet! SO when is this little darling going to be released...come on spill? lol!!!:-) I love the cherries and how she is at on them, i love the tall card design its really cute
love tasha xx

Maria Therese said...

Oh a sneek peak....I love the card and the cute fairy!

Melissa S said...

I love cherries and Basic Grey! Can't wait to see her released!!

Kellie said...

OMGOSH just when I think you just couldn't come out with anything cuter than what you have already blown me away with, as you know I love your sweet November stamps and then you come out with this! Absolutely LOVE it Amy! Can not wait till she is out and I can get my inky fingers on her!
Hugs Kel xx

☼ Cheryl* said...

OMG AMY!!! I LOVE HER. I CANNOT wait for her to be released! Your whole card is adorable :) I love the papers and the huge cherry!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awww, she's such a sweet lil darling! I love your tall card, I need to try one of those :)

Thank you for your sweet comment on my card! Smiling from ear to ear :)

hugs, margie

Unknown said...

So sweet! :)

RiNNE said...

EEEEEEeeKK!!!!!! Sooo cute!!!!! I want her!!!

Great card, Amy! Wonderfully tall and using up your stash while getting a lovely creationis the best!

Shaela said...

how utterly adorable!!

Nina T.T. said...

Oooh, the little fairy girl is sooo cute!! :)

Leanne said...

sweet card amy! love the cute fairy!

BJ said...

She's tooo cute Amy!!!!!!! Can't wait to see what you come out with next.

gobeagirl said...

Amy she is adorable. I can not wait to see her on an upcoming stamp preview. What fun. I love your long card. It is just perfect. Hugs, Lisa

♥Rach♥ said...

LOVE it, Amy! Great card and super cute fairy, love the colors!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, she's adorable....and so teeny! Looking forward to seeing lots of SN goodness!

Andrea C said...

fantastic card, love the title xx

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

what a great card, love the image and I am especially fond of the tall, skinny cards makes the stand out from the rest..

1LuvnMama said...

Amy~
Please don't keep us in the dark . . . I wanna see, I wanna see! MORE! Who is she and why is she so teeny tiny? So darn adorable I tell you! Can't wait for the full release!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable!

Juls said...

how fab is this!!! Love the tall card! Love the little fairy sitting on the cherries!! too cute!! fab card! Hugs Juls

Alice said...

awww.... super cute! LOVE that big cherry! thanks for the sneak peek of your future stamps! =)

Crafty Jenn said...

Awww...this is really cute. I love how she's just sitting there enjoying herself. Great use of your kit!

<3 Jenn

WickedPixie said...

Completely adorable card, and Woo Hoo on sneak peeks!! :-)Traci

Danni said...

This is just too cute!! Love it! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Kimberly S said...

Oh such a tease you are, and of course I'll be watching for this little cutie! Adorable card, so cheerful and fun! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Flutter By Wednesday! :)